Urban and Suburban Carbon Farming
to Reverse Global Warming
[There will be a Pre-Conference Guided Nature Walk on Saturday, May 2, 2015, 10 – 12:30
$20, sliding scale, limited to 15 participants, more information here.]
Sunday, May 3, 2015, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Science Center, Hall C, Harvard University
1 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts
A conference for climate activists, gardeners, scientists, educators, homeowners, public officials, the business community and others concerned about our health, prosperity and ecological future.
Sign up for pre-conference guided nature walk at Alewife Reservation here, $20, sliding scale.
The program details are here, and topics we will cover include:
- Science: The state of the climate and how we can reverse global warming through eco-restoration
- The roles for individuals, businesses and organizations in cities and suburbs
- Hands-on efforts that you can do in your town
- The role of public officials and government
- How local businesses can help (and already are helping)
- Inspiration and hope!
We’ll have expert speakers, with time for Q&A, conversations and networking.
Regular price of conference tickets is $50; we also offer a sliding scale, all are welcome! If you’re interested in volunteering, partnering or sponsoring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.