Biodiversity for a Livable Climate:
Restoring Ecosystems to Reverse Global Warming
First Conference and International Action Week
Conference: Friday-Sunday, November 21-23, 2014
Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, USA (near Boston)
Co-sponsored by The Institute of the Environment (TIE) and The Center for International Environment and Resource Policy (CIERP) at the Fletcher School of Tufts University
International Action Week: November 24-31, 2014
Guidelines for Sponsorship and Partnership
Downloadable version here
Biodiversity for a Livable Climate welcomes the participation of individuals, organizations and businesses who share our concern for restoring global ecosystems and reversing global warming by mobilizing the biosphere. We have discovered that people are enthusiastic to hear our message of hope emerging from the general climate gloom. We are acting as a catalyst for getting the word out and strive to focus many separate efforts, uniting innumerable but currently widely dispersed voices. We urge that biology become a significant part of the mainstream climate conversation and strategy, with actions commensurate with the current urgency.
Please become a partner and/or sponsor of our First International Conference followed by a week of events around the world (https://bio4climate.org/conference-2014/). We are expecting 300 registered participants, and broad participation via digital media and satellite events around the world.
Land in Zimbabwe, bare for decades, restored in three years through holistic planned grazing.
Below are participation guidelines, adaptable to individual circumstances as appropriate:
- We will put a logo, link and brief blurb about you on our website and we ask that you do the same for us.
- We ask that you announce the event to your networks; we will suggest the timing and provide the announcements, which you may edit as appropriate to your circumstances.
- We will launch a crowdfunding effort in the near future to help support the conference, and will ask that you forward a crowdfunding link to whomever you feel it is appropriate to do so.
- We will appreciate any other networking support, marketing, introduction to other supportive individuals, organizations and businesses, or help in conference planning and implementation. We will be happy to work out details with you on a case-by-case basis. Note that such support may include assistance both in Boston-area activities and in establishing/supporting other similar events around the globe.
Sponsorship includes the mutual benefits of partnership, plus a financial contribution to help defray the many conference costs we will incur. For businesses and organizations, we suggest the following guidelines:
- A minimum of $100 for any entity with 10 employees/volunteers or fewer
A contribution equivalent to $5 to $10 per employee/volunteer beyond 10 for calculation purposes (not a contribution from employees/volunteers themselves, although some organizations may wish to initiate a separate internal campaign of that nature).
If you can afford more, of course that will be most helpful and greatly appreciated. All contributions are tax deductible.
In addition to a logo and description on our website, a sponsor will have logo and description listed in the program, flyers on display, and a listing on conference signage. Advertising space in program will be $50 for a quarter page, $100 for a half page and $175 for a full page. Exhibit space is limited, and we will be happy to a discuss it with you on an individual basis.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com.