A series of virtual and in-person community events
in 6 locations in the U.S. and Canada
Our next installment of Redesigning Our Communities for Life After Fossil Fuels is on Saturday, November 12 with national and local speakers from Kansas City.
It’s time to scale way back, redesign how we’re living and roll up our sleeves to restore our ecosystems, soil, biodiversity and connections with our neighbors. Join in on this event to find your place in this transition. Biodiversity for a Livable Climate is partnering with the Post Carbon Institute and many local community groups to bring you a series of events on transitioning our communities to manage our ecological crises. In our inaugural event in September, we joined local community hosts — the Montgomery County Racial Equity (MORE) Network and Impact Silver Spring, to share expertise, resources, and actionable solutions to build resilience for these rapidly changing times. We continue this work in November in Kansas City, MO and in four installments around the U.S. and Canada after that.
As we learn and take action on how to live within the Earth’s limits, it’s vital that we co-invent and redesign our new lifestyles together with all members of our communities, especially looking to those with expertise on how to be resilient. Let’s include everyone in the conversation, the plans, and the funding. We must move forward by coming together, learning from one another, and supporting each other as we strengthen our resilience and face the challenges ahead.
Here are the many ways you can participate right now:
- Register for the next session of Redesigning Our Communities for Life After Fossil Fuels on Saturday, November 12 on Zoom with hosts in Kansas City
- Attend or host a Community Engagement Event virtually or in-person in Montgomery County, MD or in Kansas City, MO
- Sign up to receive the video recordings of our inaugural event on September 10, 2022
- Be a partner or sponsor of our next event or all 5 upcoming events in this series, or promote our event and have your logo added as an event supporter
- Apply to lead a Breakout Discussion (spots are limited)
or call 443-257-3209