Jim Laurie is a restoration biologist and co-founder of Biodiversity for a Livable Climate. He was manager of the Vermont “Living Machine” which was designed by ecological visionary John Todd. This biodiverse system treated 80,000 gallons of sewage per day. For 20 years he was a biologist and technical trainer in the chemical industry in Houston, Texas, where his work with ecological systems cleaned toxic wastewater. Jim has studied Holistic Management of grasslands with Allan Savory and the Savory Institute in Texas, Colorado and Montana. In Maryland, he built a lab to study fungi and grow mushrooms learning from the work of Paul Stamets (fungi.com). He also worked with the International Wolf Center in Minnesota learning about predators and the biology of the north woods. Jim loves sharing about these diverse experiences with curious folks of all ages. He really enjoys teaching science and ecology to Homeschool students in the Boston area.
Other Conferences and Vidoes
- Restoring Oceans, Restoring Climate: Facing Fire & Ice, Food & Water, Floods & Droughts
- Homeschool Symbiosis Team: Where did the Oceans come from? What can be their future?
- Jim Laurie, Thomas Goreau, Mick Devin, Dan Distel, Brian von Herzen & Alfredo Quarto: Q&A
- Jim Laurie: Let’s Make Surface Area to End the Drought and Cool the Climate
- Homeschool Symbiosis Team, George Buckley & Mark McMenamin Q&A
- The Power and Promise of Biodiversity: Visions of Restoring Land, Sea and Climate
- Jim Laurie: Diversity of Life- The Oceans and the Gulf of Maine
- Peter Lawrence, Alyssa Novak, and homeschoolers Annie, Hayden and Lynus: Q&A
- Jim Laurie: How Biodiversity Wriggled and Crawled Out of the Ocean and Conquered the Land
- Restoring Water Cycles to Reverse Global Warming, Tufts 2015
- Jim Laurie: Closing the Nutrient Loop
- Jim Laurie & His Homeschool AP Biology Students: Nature Wants to Be Wet
- Climate, Biodiversity, and Survival: Listening to the Voices of Nature
- Climate Reckoning: Paths to an Earth Restored
- Jim Laurie: The Big Picture – Rapid Change – Paths to Restoration
- Symbiosis Team: Creating the Future We Want
- Jim Laurie: Pathways to a Restored Planet – Scenario 300
- Scenario 300: Making Climate Cool!
- Jim Laurie (Biodiversity for a Livable Climate) & Kris Nichols (Rodale Institute) Q&A
- Jim Laurie: Back to 300 (Nature Wants to be Wet and Cool)
- Landscape Heroes: Carbon, Water and Biodiversity
- Restoring Ecosystems to Reverse Global Warming
- Jim Laurie: Nature Does 90% of the Work
- Jim Laurie: Soil Ecosystem Health- From Fungi & Nematodes to Beetles & Earthworms
- Reversing Global Warming: Carbon Farming for Food, Health, Prosperity, and Planet!
- Restoring Ecosystems to Reverse Global Warming, Washington D.C. 2015